Cultural Tour to Guinee, West Africa
Future Tours to Guinee, to be offered. For two weeks we will live in the capital, Conakry but will travel to other parts of Guinee including Kindia and Dubreka. This is an opportunity to study the rich cultural traditions of Africa and their profound influence on American and European cultures. We will dance, drum and sing with members of Les Ballets Africain, the national dance company of Guinee, Sekouba Camara and other master dancers, drummers, singers and griots.
We will travel to surrounding villages to witness traditional ceremonies and visit colorful African markets. We will bring in the New Year African style with a big drum and dance celebration!
Price: (You may purchase your own ticket through your own travel agency or online, or use our Travel Agency MB Travel in New York). We are available to assist you with obtaining your ticket.
- Ground transportation in Guinee
- Housing in Guinee
- Three home-cooked meals with optional cooking lessons available,
(Vegetarian meals can also be prepared for you).
- Dance, drum, singing, history and language lessons
- Tour of the Museum Nationale
- Trips to African markets
- Visits to public and private schools and other institutions of higher learning
- Observe rehearsals of Les Ballets Africains, Ballet Djoliba and other folkloric companies
We look forward to offering tours to Guinea - Wongai!!!
You will need a passport, a tourist visa and yellow fever vaccination for entry into Guinee.
We can assist you in obtaining your visa.
For Questions or More Infomation Contact:
Sekou Sylla or Marilyn M. Sylla, 11 Montague Road, Shutesbury, MA 01072
(413) 253-4297 Email: email@example.com